I’m a postgraduate student at the University of Bath, studying for my integrated PhD in mathematics with the EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Statistical Applied Mathematics (SAMBa). Prior to this, I completed my undergraduate masters degree at Cardiff Univeristy. I have been tutoring first year undergraduate mathematics since 2018 and, I’ve been doing private tuition for KS3, GCSE and A level mathematics students since 2019.
Outside of academia I can be found enjoying various different aerial sports, circus skills and acroyoga. I’m also an avid rugby fan and have been a supporter of my home side The Ospreys since their formation. A fun fact about me: I had my local stadium named after me as part of their 10th anniversary celebrations.
Responsibilities and Involvements
- Vice President of the Uni of Bath SIAM and IMA student chapter.
- STEM Ambassador since ‘17.
- One of the coordinators of the Maths Department Yoga sessions and self-appointed emperor of department weekly drinks.
- SAMBa Summer conference co-organiser Jul ‘21
- Student-led Symposia coordinator Semester 1 ‘19/20
- One of the coordinators for SAMBA’s Integrative Think Tank (ITT 11) Jan ‘20
- Bathematician volunteer ‘19/20
Conferences and Symposia
- Represented UoB student chapter at the SIAM Annual Meeting - Jul ‘21
- Organised 5th annual SAMBa Summer Conference - Jul ‘21’
- Attended the Univeristy of Bath Women in Maths Conference - Mar ‘21
- Attended SAMBa’s virtual 13th Integrative think tank - Jan ‘21
- Attended SAMBa’s virtual 12th Integrative think tank - Sept ‘20
- Spoke at the virtual SAMBa Conference - Jul ‘20
- Helped coordinate, and attended SAMBa’s 11th Integrative think tank - Jan ‘20
- Attended the annual SAMBa Conference - Jul ‘19
- Attended Univeristy of Bristol’s Women in Maths Conference - Nov ‘18
- Attended UKFN PhD/Early Careers Conference - Jul ‘18
kap39 at bath.ac.uk
Address:Department of Mathematical Sciences
University of Bath